Sunday, March 24, 2013

How's this for a first birthday week?






Just a few days after Theodore's first birthday I got a call in the morning at work from his teacher at daycare that they were concerned about his breathing. I left work during my planning period (thinking I would be right back) to take him some meds and check on him. By the time I got there his breathing had gotten even worse (lots of wheezing and gasping). I called our Dr. and he could see him within the hour. However, we had to sit in the waiting room forever. Once we finally got called back to see the Dr. Teddy was in really rough shape. After a check of his oxygen and trying some breathing meds- Teddy's o2 levels were really low without the assistance of oxygen. The Dr. insisted that we be transported by ambulance to the emergency room.

I never want to see the back of an ambulance ever again!! ESPECIALLY not with one of my children as the patient!! Teddy was such a great boy through out the whole thing. It was really scary for me but once we got all checked in at the hospital and Teddy had been on oxygen for a few hours he really perked up and was back to his funny little self.

Teddy simply had a common cold but his lungs reacted really poorly so we kept him on breathing treatments for the rest of the month and haven't had any issues since. Hopefully this boy doesn't cause us to blow through our health insurance deductible this time every year! sheesh!

0 comments: