Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Surprise!

Well, we have been BUSY! Valentine's day weekend I went down to Lake Charles to take care of my dad who had surgery on his shoulder. He is doing really well and me playing nurse and dad being patient went much better than expected. We actually got to hang out and watch movies which was really nice. Then- Sam and I made the long drive back to South East Texas again because for the last month or so I have been plotting and planning to surprise my mom with a party for her 50th birthday!
We had the party at a Mexican restaurant in Beaumont and I had organized it with mom's pals to take her out to dinner where we were all waiting. She was so surprised when she walked in- it was really funny! For those of you who don't know, my mom's fiance Brian lives and works in Iraq so they go months with out seeing each other. I had been emailing him some back and forth to share my plans for the party with him. As mom finally sat down, the waitress brought in some flowers and a bottle of wine with a card- as she read the card she looked up and said "Where is he?"....
Sure enough... Brian walked into the room- straight off the plane from Iraq! No one knew he was in so that was a surprise for everyone! It was a very good surprise for mom.
This is the cute Mardi Gras cake my friend Lindsay made for mom. She did such a good job!


Happy 50th Birthday mom! (I think for my first time hostessing a surprise party- it went well!)
And, here's a picture of Sam and I ice skating a few weeks ago. We were pro's. For everyone who's been asking- Sam has really been enjoying his new work at Perot Systems. It's keeping him really busy with work and grad school but we are both very thankful for his job!

0 comments: