Thanks to swine flu panic- I was told last Friday that the school district would be shut down from Monday- Friday of the next week.
"Awesome- I can stop bathing 3rd graders in lysol and enjoy a second spring break!"
So, I stuck around town on Monday checking for updates to make sure that this wasn't just too good to be true. On Tuesday, I decided I should take advantage of my time off and go spend some time with my dad and brother..... A 6 and a half hour drive isn't so bad when you have a week off, right?
Cruising through the back woods of east Texas, about 5 hours into my drive I get a phone call.
"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news- but they've decided to re-open the schools earlier than expected so you'll need to report back to work on Thursday morning"
- Dangit!!
16 weeks lovely lady lump.
"Awesome- I can stop bathing 3rd graders in lysol and enjoy a second spring break!"
So, I stuck around town on Monday checking for updates to make sure that this wasn't just too good to be true. On Tuesday, I decided I should take advantage of my time off and go spend some time with my dad and brother..... A 6 and a half hour drive isn't so bad when you have a week off, right?
Cruising through the back woods of east Texas, about 5 hours into my drive I get a phone call.
"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news- but they've decided to re-open the schools earlier than expected so you'll need to report back to work on Thursday morning"
- Dangit!!
So, I made it to Lake Charles around 6:30, had dinner at a hibachi grill with dad and Carson, played a game of Yahtzee and got some sleep. All of this to wake up 7 hours later and make the long drive back to Dallas.
At least I don't have swine flu I guess.
2 comments:
Brittany, you are so cute!! I heard about your district going back to school early and hoped that you decided not to go visit your folks. O well, at least you got a few days off. Glad to see you're doing well! I bet you're excited to find out the sex of the baby soon, huh? :)
ohhh crappy! your vaca got cut short.. so sorry to hear. but your little belly looks cute.
Post a Comment