Sunday, August 23, 2009

D-day keeps creeping closer...

The girls from our small group at church hosted a baby shower for Lucy yesterday and it was so fun. I missed seeing all of them over summer. Their theme was 'nesting' and they had super cute decorations and snacks. Not only have all the women who've offered to host showers for us been super generous- they've all been incredibly crafty!

With the super hostesses Jessica, Tiana and Jackie. They are so fun!

Lucy's room is becoming less and less like a junk room and more like a real nursery! I won't let Sam move that old leather chair out yet because I am enjoying having the glider right in front of the living room tv a little TOO much!

Last night while shopping for the above changing pad and cover, Sam proved he is already wrapped around Lucy's finger. I grabbed the cheaper terry cloth cover we had originally picked out and threw it in the buggy- Sam quickly corrected me and asked "when you get your butt cleaned- do you want soft of scratchy?" He then convinced me that we needed the super extreme soft changing pad cover and the top of the line changing pad. He has also explained to me that Baby Bjorn is more than an infant brand "it's a life style". haha oh boy! I know we have sleepless nights and stinky diapers ahead of us- but I'm sure Sam will help me laugh right through them.

Lucy won't be allowed to spit up or drool when wearing the above outfits...

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Lucy's room is looking so cutE! I'm still waiting for you to get huge, but you're still so little and cute! love those outfits!

Jeni said...

Oh i just love her room. good job on all the bedding! and super cute shower! you are looking so cute too. at 31 weeks i was double or triple you. nice brit!

Abby said...

cute room, cute clothes, cute belly! it's getting closer! ahhh. funny that Sam wants the best of the best for Lucy. I don't blame him- it's your sweet little girl you're talking about. plus you can use it for all the kids you're gonna have- right?!

Jason & Jessica said...

Bwhahaaha...laughing at the comments Sam was making about baby shopping! So cute that he wants the best for her!!

Anonymous said...

You look great! So does Lucy's room. I am sure you are getting so excited. I promise you won't even remember the lack of sleep as time goes by! It moves so quickly. The diapers you will remember!!!

~Shauna~

Karol Anne said...

love love love everything! and everyone is right, how are you so tiny!! I cant believe you will have her in less than 2 months! I want to see all this goodness in person...maybe a quick detour on our way to the wedding stuff in weatherford?!