Monday, February 8, 2010

Welcome February

Between work, school, church, meetings etc- it was a busy week in our home. Despite all the craziness- it's always a good week to be a member of our little Swanson trio.

This week on Friday I took my class on a field trip to the education center at University of North Texas. Every year the 3rd graders take a trip here and it was just as much fun this year as it was last year.

They teach the kids about habitats and invertebrates and let them fish insects out of the pond to study which they have so much fun with. I- however- do not like to hear "Hey- Mrs. Swanson- come touch this dead fish I pulled out!"... Yuck.

Another part of the trip they teach the kids about being an archealogist and digging for artifacts- so they hide all of these artifacts from North Texas from about 150 years ago and give the kids tools to dig them up and study them which is so fun. Too bad everyday can't be a field trip- I think its just as fun for me as it is for them.

We travelled down to Houston this weekend to celebrate Sam's moms 50th birthday with Jake and Becka's families. We got a family photo with all the kids- 4 kids under 3 and 8 adults all smiling at the same time was quite a task but we got some nice portraits out of it. I really enjoyed the nice Houston weather and the time hanging out in the yard.


recently- I've been catching Sam in conversation with Lucy telling her things like "Lucy- some day you won't be able to touch your foot to your nose"... I had to correct him and tell him that some flexible adults CAN touch their foot to their nose- so after watching all the ladies touch their feet to their nose Sam made an attempt.... and failed miserably! Don't worry Sam- I'll be teaching Lucy the stretching and the dance moves!

Abue got some help blowing out her birthday candles from Maria and Eli. Thanks for making such a yummy cake Kelly!



Sam showed off his skills on Kelly's long board.
That wraps up our week- thanks to Lucy's Mimi for gently reminding me that I haven't updated the blog often enough for Lucy's distant fans out there!! Ha!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

it was great to have you guys down..I always love having you around! um...that cake really doesn't look so hot, but it was tasty enough right?

Ginni said...

Lucy is looking so big! I love how she is sucking her first 2 fingers, I used to do that same thing! ha ha. She is too cute!

Travis & Meagan Hogg said...

Thanks, Mimi, for reminding Brittany! :) I enjoyed the update, she's getting so big and beautiful! Where is the family pic you took? You should post that too.