Sunday, January 24, 2010

sunshine

So- this blog has become very Lucy focused but I don't think anyone wants to see too much of Sam and I these days. As you can see from the above photo- on Saturday's we've become the people that don't bother with contacts or make up. But wow- how much more I love and cherish our weekend time together!

We had a little sun shine today so Sam worked a little in the yard while Lucy happily watched from her bumbo chair (which she loves to sit in!)

3 and a half months old and such a fun little girl to be with. Although- this was a scene from today (the first time in her little life that Lucy has truly embarrassed me):
We were with our small group from church and Lucy was calmy sitting on our friend Heather's lap when a sound that is all too familiar erupted- you know the little rumble and then explosive sound as though an air plane is flying over head...
and there it was on Heather's lap- the contents of Lucy's belly from what looked like the last WEEK oozing out of Lucy's diaper.
Heather had to go change her clothes while I had to whisk Lucy away to clean up and explain that if she is going to explode like that it can only happen while on her dad's lap!



Lucy is starting to roll more and more- Sam and I were both at home to catch her roll over for the first time- I would have been sad to miss that while I was at work.
Things are starting to really get busy for me at school but as soon as the clock hits 3:45 I'm usually racing out the door. Sam has been in basketball mode lately- I think he's played 6 times in the last 7 days- so to keep up, I am having to start planning some work outs of my own- I bought some resistance bands and P 90 X is loaded up and just waiting for me to get the motivation to press play.... hmm (no telling when that will be!)



5 comments:

Travis & Meagan Hogg said...

Lucy is so sweet, so expressive now! I think she looks like you, Britt! Glad you got to witness her rolling over too. Can't believe your little angel is 3.5 months now!

Mom/Sally said...

She is getting cuter every day and I promise you that is just the first of many times she will embarrass you!!

Jeni said...

ahhh p90x. sweet. i need that motivation too!!
lucy is so cute sittin in her bumbo!! and yes the poop explosions are the worst!

Jill and Ryan said...

Lucy is so adorable. Just a little tip, when they babies start exploding from there diapers, try going up a size. I stuck to that rule and have managed to not have as many embarassing explosions. Enjoy this time with Lucy, b/c they just keep getting bigger and bigger. Lexi is walking now. What?? She is so little. Hope you guys are doing well.

Abby said...

what a CUTIE!
good luck on the working out Britt. It's hard to get back into it...ugh.