Sunday, April 15, 2007

Annual trip to Austin







Every April Sam and I gather some friends together and make a trip down to Austin for a night of country western dancing at the Broken Spoke. Our good friend Rob rode down from Dallas with us and we stopped for lunch at our favorite Waco restaraunt, Bush's Chicken! We also did a little reminiscing of our Baylor days... and then it was off to Austin. We did a little vintage shopping (I'm sure the boys weren't thrilled about this part but I was really glad just to browse!) we had a very tastey dinner at one of my Austin favorites, Kerbey Cafe and then we tried to check out the world's largest urban bat colony. After an hour of waiting for the supposed "one million urban bats" to come flying out from under the bridge... we only saw about 20! I guess it was a little too chilly for the bats, maybe we'll try again in the fall. We finally made it to the Broken spoke where we met up with Melanie and her boyfriend as well as other friends for a great night of two steppin! Sam and I have certainly improved from years past but I think we agree that social dance lessons would be something worth checking into.
Sunday mom and dad Swanson had a birthday lunch prepared complete with a delicious tiramisou cake! It was a really nice afternoon and a great birthday weekend!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! That looks like fun (everything yall did) and BATS ?? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Jill and Ryan said...

I just found ya'lls blog and I am pumped to hear updates. FYI-I don't know when we will be in Dallas again (Jill and I are super busy) but we want to challenge you two to a round of bowling. So sad to read about Grandpa Leroy, he was truly a great, loving soul. That is nice that you guys got to be there for the anniv. just a few weeks before. We hope all is well!

Kelly said...

oh man, I've seriously been sooo out of it! I really missed seeing you guys in IL and almost cry thinking that I didn't get to go. Happy Birthday too! Hope your day was great...looks like it was fun! Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Britt (and Sam)
Belated Happy Birthday,kid. Hope it was a fun one. We once saw the bats in Austin...it was awesome and gross!! So sorry to hear about your grandfather, Sam. I'm glad y'all were able to go to the funeral and be with family (although, THIS family missed you at the wedding!) Take care and let us know when you'll be in Big L-town so we can visit.