Friday, July 17, 2009

Lucy's already playing tricks on us...

For those of you who caught wind of our little scare Wednesday night- We are all okay! My Dr. sent me over to the Labor and Delivery unit at the hospital Wednesday night to be monitored since I had been feeling kinda crampy all day. Sam and I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, they would just check on Lucy's heart rate and tell me I had gas or something....
Once they got all of the monitors hooked up the nurse determined I was having contractions every 2 to 5 minutes- yikes! After some blood work and other tests, two IV bags, a muscle relaxer, and some other medication, the contractions died down. I only spent about 4 and a half hours in the hospital and they let me go home.
We don't know the cause of the contractions- possibly a little dehydration, or a growth spurt in little Lucy that my Uterus wasn't ready for etc... But, by the time I went into the Dr. yesterday everything looked good and all he said was "Alright- take it easy- see ya next week".

So- thank you Lord for taking care of little Lucy in there and no bed rest or yucky meds for me!! Maybe God just knew that Sam and I needed a little dress rehearsal for getting checked in to Labor and Delivery so we would be pro's when the time comes for real!

4 comments:

Travis & Meagan Hogg said...

Whew! Glad you are all okay! Praying for no more scares!!

Jeni said...

Oh I am so sorry you had to have the little scare. I am so gla dyou and little lucy are ok!!

Kelly said...

so glad you guys are well...can't wait to see the bedding!

Anonymous said...

That happened to me also! Don't let it worry you! Brandon came late after all that hoop-la. They told me just to drink tons of water in order to keep that from happening again. It worked great, so drink, drink, drink!!!!!

~Shauna~