Sunday, September 27, 2009

Showered over and over...

(Most of) the ladies from my 3rd grade team hosted a school baby shower this week.

Tracy and Lindsay my student teacher.

Sam totally suprised me and came to the shower!

All of the teachers decorated funny onesies.

Sam's co-workers also threw a shower which I went to because it would have been so akward for Sam to ooh and ahh over the baby girl gifts! Sam's co-workers were unbelievably generous and basically wiped off most of the items that were left on our registry.
The weight of being a parent is sinking in as I watch the "days until due date" counter tick down. It still seems so unreal that Lucy could literally come any day now. This morning at church we watched several baptisms and I was overwhelmed with the hope that our little girl will have a testimony someday that honors Christ and that God would entrust Sam and I to play a part in that. Wow. I also couldn't help but feel incredibly grateful this morning thinking on all the ways that He has prepared us for this next venture. He has placed so many people in our lives that have blessed us both with their physical gifts and their wisdom and support.
We may never be prepared for what is coming... but God has been faithful in helping us get closer....
(But seriously Lucy- you just stay in there and bake as long as you need to) :)



2 comments:

Travis & Meagan Hogg said...

Yay, great showers! :) Thank you for that reminder of what moments we have to look forward to as parents. I can't wait for that day for our kids either. Love you, hang in there! You're on the last lap and you look great!!

Jeni said...

there is no way you are as far along as you say. you are so tiny weeny!