Allow me to introduce you to Lucy Jema Swanson and tell you a little about how she got here...

At 3am on Sunday October 11th she let her mom and dad know she would like it to be her birthday by making sure mom was well aware that her water was broken. By 4am mom was at the hospital- by 8:30 am mom was politely begging for her epidural- by 10 am Grandma Sally-'Mimi' had arrived and by 1:30pm mom was ready to start pushing while all of Lucy's granparents waited outside and finally at 2:18pm Lucy was here!

Lucy weighed in at 7lbs 1oz, 19inches long... 9 out of 10 on her Apgar scale (we won't expect 10 out of 10s until she starts kindergarten) She was the only baby born at Lewisville Medical Center on 10/11 so she got lots of extra attention.

Her dad was a great coach through the labor and has already proved to be one of Lucy's very favorite people. He is a natural Daddy and has taken lots of good care of mom too.

Lucy's 'mimi' Sally has been taking lots of care of mom and cooking lots of yummy meals.

Lucy can't wait for her Abue to start teaching her Spanish.

Papa Tim is checking out Lucy's basketball grip.

Grandpa Dale is already spoiling Lucy with fun gifts and lots of hugs.

Lucy is all ready to learn good things from her new friend Daelyn

Lucy's favorite activities so far are sleeping and eating.

She was very stylish for her trip home from the hospital today 10/13/09

^ Here's a shot of Lucy waving to all of her fans out there.....


She's gotten the tour of her new living arrangements (which are much more spacious) and she's settling in great.
6 comments:
ahhhh! I'm a fan! I can't believe my phone is broken! I've been waiting for pics!!! Can't wait to see her in person!...and hear all of the details!
She is precious and her mom and dad look great! I'm so glad you are home and settling in! Can't wait to get my hands on Little Lucy! Keep the pictures coming!
ahhhh yay! congrats guys! Kathleen told me on Sunday that you guys were in the hospital! So glad to hear everything went well. Lucy looks adorable! And I'm glad to see Sam got to wear his outfit that he had picked out-- that crazy sweater! haha- what a goof. It's not surprise Sam is a natural daddy- knew he would be. You'll be a natural mommy too I'm sure. I wanna come visit you guys sometime and meet Lucy.
I forgot to add that you should have pushed a little harder, Brittany. Then she would've been born at 2:11. Who wouldn't want that? :) haha. J/k! It was perfect, and she's perfect. Love to y'all!
Ahhhhh I love her name. She is already so darling and I really cant wait to meet her! Brit, you look awesome!
Congrats guys. She is beautiful. Girls are the best. Just enjoy every moment because they do not stay babies for long. Lexi is only ten months and she has definetly told us she is not a baby anymore. Glad all went well and hope you recover well. I can't wait to meet her.
Post a Comment