Monday, March 14, 2011

The last month

It's been a while since I posted so here are some updates from the last month in our house...
Lucy has been a sweet heart as always. She loves to dance and sing songs. She is learning lots of new words which has been very fun! Some of her favorite words at the moment: 'Mama', 'Dada', 'more', "bye bye', 'bird', 'outside', 'bubbles', 'thank you', 'Mimi', 'Papaw', 'Abue', 'Papa', "yum yum' and my favorite "oh yea!"

Lucy loves to Skype... everytime she sees the computer she starts to shout "mimi" or "papaw!"

Last month Lucy had a cold but seemed to get much better after only a couple of days so we didn't think much of it until out of nowhere she started throwing up. Sam was gone in California so I took her in to see the Dr. that evening thinking she must have a stomach virus. The Dr. was immediately concerned with her breathing being too rapid and said the vomitting was secondary to her not getting enough oxygen. After a very scary hour in the Dr.s office, he decided she responded well enough to the medicine that she didn't need to go to the ER but instead needed breathing treatments and a steroid to treat infected lungs. After a few days of breathing treatments every 4 hours Lucy perked back up to her happy little self. One thing was certain during all of that drama... we really missed Sam!! We had to continue the breathing treatments for the rest of the month. Poor girl.



I think she liked the extra TV time she got on account of having to sit still with a mask on her face.

Spring time at last! Lucy LOVES playing out side!! On this particular day I had bought her a little mini-kite to take to the park while Sam played basketball... she loved chasing it around and was begging to hold it... Why do I give in? Within about 3 seconds of holding the kite she had it so completely tangled that we had to toss it. :(

We just got back last night from a trip to Houston. We stayed with Jake and Kelly (thanks guys!) and then went down to Melanie's apartment to meet up with Mel, Mom, Dad and Carson. We had the not-so-unique idea to enjoy the lovely weather outside at the zoo. Given all the people there, it was a zoo within a zoo. But, none the less, Lucy loved seeing all the animals and we all enjoyed being out side on a nice day.




All in all, I can't believe how big she is getting! Her hair has grown out alot this last month and she is finally becoming 'tolerant' of a pony tail. She loves to play games and show off her tricks for people. Lucy's favorite thing to show off is her back scratching skill! She really enjoys giving back scratches to everyone in the room. Sam and I are working on teaching her how to give foot rubs next.. and then I think dish washing will be next on the agenda.
We leave tomorrow morning for Orange County California! Sam is working in Cali this week but since I am on Spring Break, Lucy and I get to go too!! Hopefully, I'll be posting next week with lots of photos of my lovely Lucy and I relaxing on Laguna Beach!






1 comments:

Travis & Meagan Hogg said...

That's awesome about the back scratching! :) Loved your update! Miss these Swansons! We will definitely make a trip this summer since I am OFF for the SUMMER! Yippee for teachers!