Saturday, August 18, 2007

News Flash...



So, we took advantage of the tax free shopping this weekend so that I could buy back to school clothes....FOR MY NEW JOB!!! That's right, Friday was my last day at the 'ol Montessori school and I couldn't have been more thrilled. This is how it went down... Tuesday evening I was driving home from work (no make up and covered in baby spit-up) and my phone rings and the voice on the other end asks me if I was still looking for a teaching position and could I meet with her right away. So, without going home to change I rushed over to Richardson and met with the Principal for a quick interview (apologizing of course for my poor appearance). I told her that if I was the right person for the position she should let me know as soon as she could so that I could give my work as much notice as possible... so we said our goodbyes and before we left for Tuesday night bowling, she had already called me back with an offer! So, starting on Monday I'll be teaching ESL for grades k-6! Quitting my job was really awkward but I was glad to do it. I'll miss some of my kiddos and all of the parents were so nice about saying goodbye and wishing me goodluck so that was nice. So yay, I'll post pictures of my new classroom sometime this week!

We have other fun news to come.... :) We've had a big week!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

YIPPY! Brit! I'm soooo excited for you! All of your hard work interviewing and looking for a job paid off! You'll be great! Goodbye to crazy parents! Hurrah!