Thursday, February 28, 2008

I feel an obsession coming on...


Well, after a week alone (Sam is off to training in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin) I tackled a project that had been staring at me from the junk room for months... The Swanson girls were each given a sewing maching last year and I have been completely intimidated by this machine ever since! I attempted two pillows back in the summer but making them completely stressed me out. So with some free time on my hands this week and some patience, I let the creative juices loose and finished a project! I found an easy purse pattern on the internet and decided it was time to tackle this machine. After shattering two needles, disassembling the machine (and then reassembling it) I think I figured it out.
So apart from that, I've spent my days and evenings getting ready for my students to take their TAKS test next Wednesday (much more stressful that I could have imagined it being!). Sam gets back from his trip tomorrow and I can't wait! Until next time....

4 comments:

Jeni said...

super cute!! I love it, good job brit!

Kelly said...

um, super cutie petudi! I'll take one of those!

Keeping Up With Cade said...

Hey there! So, truth be told -- your blog is one that I keep up with! Yes, blog stalker I am... You may not even remember me -- promise I'm no creepy person! Hope you don't mind! Very cute fabrics and don't worry -- I wouldn't consider it sewing if you didn't break at least one needle! Anyway - my blog is private and I don't have your email... If ya wanna keep up with us you could email me your address (lissa5053@yahoo.com) ... Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

cute purse britt-lynn!
love, jenn